Female angel investors are changing the game for businesses and turning the dial for women in entrepreneurship. The Women Angel Insights Report found that between 2012 and 2022, over 5,000 female angels invested over £2bn into UK companies, creating 10,000 jobs. One of the most stark findings was that almost 25% of investments made by women angels was into female-founded companies – significantly higher than the industry average of 19%.
But we still need more women in angel investment. Only 14% of angel investors are women. That’s why our mission is to bring more female investors into the industry.
There are a range of benefits of becoming an Angel Investor – and even more from joining Investing Women Angels. From network building and professional development through to giving back and meeting new people – what you’ll gain spans both the personal and professional. As a member, here’s what you can look forward to:
· Join a supportive, talented, and welcoming group of women who have an exceptional track record in investment
· Learn from the network through a range of exclusive events, both online and in person
· Opportunities to mentor a wide range of businesses, on a variety of topics that suit your expertise
· Potentially valuable returns on your financial investment/s*
· Actively play a part in levelling the playing field for women in business, entrepreneurship, and investment
· Begin a rewarding journey, supported by like-minded individuals.
*Investing in any new or existing business involves significant risks. Members should only invest an amount which they are willing to lose.
You can become an angel by self-certifying as a High Net Worth Individual, or as a Sophisticated Investor. A Sophisticated Investor is an individual who possesses relevant experience and skills, as outlined by the government.
If you meet the following criteria and wish to become a member, we want to hear from you. · I can self-certify as a High Net Worth Individual, as it is defined by UK Government.
OR · I can self-certify as a Sophisticated Investor, as it is defined by UK Government.
· I am aware of the risks and rewards associated with startup investments.
· I want to be provided with investment opportunities that have the potential for high growth and have been carefully screened.
· I want to join a dynamic and professional investment syndicate.
· I want to play an active role in helping female-led businesses succeed.
If you don’t meet the criteria to self-certify as a High Net Worth Individual or Sophisticated Investor, but wish to become an angel, there is the option to join our six-month programme to self-certify as a sophisticated investor. You’ll undertake online learning modules, participate in pitch meetings, and be supported along the way by fellow Angels.
If you’re interested in joining Investing Women Angels, you can start the process off by applying via our simple online form. From there – it’s a simple process that will warmly introduce you to the world of angel investment:
Step 1: Fill out our online form
Step 2: You’ll get an email from one of our team, with some more information about what we get up to.
Step 3: One of our angels will give you a call, so that you have the opportunity to ask any questions you might have, and get a feel for our warm, professional network of women.
Step 4: You’ll be invited to attend our next pitch meeting. This taster session will let you meet the other angels, and see a live pitch. Some of our pitch meetings are online, and some are in person.
Step 5: If you’re happy to proceed, you’ll complete your membership on our collaboration platform, Dealum.
Ready to get started? Join us.
If you would like to find out more before joining, please get in touch via email.