AccelerateHER Finance Masterclass
January 29 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
In this practical workshop you’ll learn the key requirements to understand your figures as you get ready for investment. The workshop will give an overview of accounting and investment finance. From why accounting is so important for potential investors, even if someone is managing your accounts, to what information potential Investors and Backers need from founders and entrepreneurs.
This session will be led by Investing Women’s Chief Operation Officer, Elizabeth Pirrie, who is also a qualified accountant, and one of our Angel Investors, Evelyn Simpson.
The session will cover the following:
- How to ensure your bookkeeping system works for you
- Why cash does not equal profit
- What is the difference between a profit and loss statement and a balance sheet
- Should I seek external investment? (scalability, investor directors, exit)
- Who are the right investors for me?
- What do investors need to see? (Business plan, financial projections, founding team, SEIS/EIS, exit)
- Getting into the numbers (Understanding the financial drivers of your business – revenue generation, cash flow burn, cash flow versus profit)
- Defining your need – how much money do you need and how will you use it? Will you need several rounds of funding.
- Valuing your company
- Formalising the agreement
It’s hands-on throughout the day as you work on your own business and by the end you’ll have a clearer understanding of your finances and an action plan for next steps.Book here!
Bookings are non refundable. However, a substitute may attend in place.
To support networking and help you get the most out of our event, we will provide those coming with a list of the names and organisational affiliation of those attending.
Furthermore, we typically take photographs of proceedings in order to highlight or showcase Investing Women’s activities.
Please let us know if you do not wish to provide consent for the use of your personal data in this way. To see how we use and take care of your information, please see our privacy notice.