The AccelerateHER Awards 2021 for female business founders has today announced its semi-finalists.
Supported by the Scottish Government, Scotland CAN DO, Barclays Ventures and CGI, the AccelerateHER Awards 2021 were launched in October 2021 with this year’s programme targeting businesswomen whose companies fit into one of the following four categories: MedTech and Science; FinTech, Data Science and Cyber Security; CleanTech and Climate; and Disruptive Innovation.
Following a high volume of strong entries, the awards organisers have today announced the following companies will be semi-finalists in this year’s competition:
CleanTech and Climate
- Mhairi Cochrane – Dream Pads Ltd (T/A Lilypads)
- Ana Rachel Estrougo – The Octopus Club
- Elaine Ford – Electrek Explorer
- Aslihan Penley – ZOEX Power Ltd
- Emily Rogers and Claire Rampen – Reath
- Beena Sharma – Orbis Energy Solutions
FinTech, Data Science and Cyber Security
- Susan Brown – Zortrex
- Samantha Campbell – Alqami
- Beth Michael – Streeva Ltd
- Monika Ohashi – Polydigi Tech Ltd
- Lynne Darcey Quigley – Know-It (Global) Ltd
- Sarah Wernér – Husmus
MedTech and Science
- Kate Cameron – Cytochroma Limited
- Agnieszka Janeczek – Renovos Biologics
- Caroline Laurenson – TL Tech Ltd
- Ishani Malhotra – Carcinotech Ltd
- Shiti Rastogi Manghani – Breathe Happy (NATLABS LTD)
- Jude Simms – Mygo4ward Ltd
- Rebecca Goss – XGenix
- Sarah Mintey MBE – Developing Experts
- Sarah Morrison – AboveBoard Homes Ltd
- Katharine Paterson – So To Company Ltd
- Tess Whittaker – The Voice Distillery
- Anne Widdop – Fuze Management Services T/A Fuze Tech Services
On Thursday, 25 February the semi-finalists will pitch their businesses to a panel of highly experienced judges online. A shortlist will then progress to this year’s virtual final on Thursday, 25 March.
One winner from each category will receive a mentoring package from Investing Women Angels, sponsored by Barclays, and get the opportunity to take part in one of our international market building Missions* to Europe, North America or the Middle East. Winners will become part of the AccelerateHER network and benefit from priceless connections, industry contacts, learning and potential funders.
Our judges will also select a Rising Star from among the semi-finalists who will benefit from a package of in-kind support from our professional partners, including legal advice from Considine and HR advice from Purpose HR.
The AccelerateHER Awards, which celebrate and support aspirational female founders, are running for their sixth consecutive year. The awards are designed to accelerate the growth, visibility and backing of female-led companies. They are open to ambitious women who play a leading role in companies with strong global growth potential, providing participants with an ideal platform to connect with AccelerateHER’s network of door openers, experts and business angels.
Further information on the AccelerateHER Awards 2021 is available at: www.investingwomen.co.uk/accelerateherawards2021