- Female led companies are invited to submit a one minute pitch video.
- Competition deadline is January 31st 2016.
- Please send your entry to the Dropbox folder below.
Once you have uploaded your video please email your name, business and twitter handle to email@example.com
- A series of judges across Scotland will select the 12 semi-finalist.
- The semi-finalists will then be invited to submit their business summary and to pitch face-to-face to a panel of experienced judges.
- The 6 finalists will be invited to pitch on the first day of the Investing Women conference at Dynamic Earth, Edinburgh on 7th March 2016.
- The winner will be announced and presented by Scotland’s First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon at the Conference dinner on the 7th March, at Edinburgh Castle.
- The winner will receive a cash prize and a package of other support (please see below for details).
- There will be significant opportunities for women entrepreneurs who participate in this competition to gain publicity for their business. This will not be limited only to finalist.
*Applications from across all industries and sectors are welcome. We are particularly keen to hear from STEM industries and young entrepreneurs. Applicants do not need to have started trading to apply.
- The Entrepreneur (their ambition, passion and determination to succeed)
- The Idea (the market opportunity and growth potential)
The semi-finalists will already have submitted their business summary. On the day of the semi-final they will then pitch face-to-face with a panel of experienced judges who will have the opportunity to ask questions about the business idea and plans.
|19 November 2015||AccelerateHER competition launch during Global Entrepreneurship Week|
|15 December 2015||Free interactive pitch coaching webinar|
|31 January 2016||Deadline for Video Pitch submissions|
|15 February 2016||12 semi-finalists selected and invited to submit business summaries|
|24 February 2016||Semi-finals at Edinburgh Napier University – this will be filmed so that footage can be used at the conference.|
|29 February 2016||Intensive pitch coaching webinar for finalists|
|7 March 2016||6 finalists pitch live at the conference. Winner announced and presented that evening by First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon at Edinburgh Castle.|
|8 March 2016||Day two of conference and International Women’s Day|
The winner will be presented by First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon at Edinburgh Castle on the 7th March 2016.
She will receive a £5000 cash prize sponsored by Chiene + Tait Accountants; who are also offering a comprehensive package of in-kind professional support: £6900 worth of free advice, events and materials.
Free incubator space may also be offered within universities participating in this programme.
For more information on the competition process contact:
Samantha McFarlane – Business Engagement Manager
0131 45 4423